Contact: Laura Osuri • firstname.lastname@example.org
Uprising Youth Ministry is collecting gently used and new toys for refugee families moving into the area. There are more than 200 kids in our area in need of toys this summer! It's a great time to clean out your kids' closet or play area and donate toys to a great cause.
Toy donations accepted now through Thursday, July 6:
- Uprising Gathering:
- June 25 at 5pm at DC Uprising Youth (201 F Street NE, Washington, DC 20002)
- June 25at 7pm at Gainesville Uprising Youth
- June 25 or July 2 at 11am at Ballston Uprising Youth (Ballston Real Cinema, 4238 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA 22203)
- June 29 at 7pm at our NoVA Uprising Youth (5514 Alma Lane, Springfield, VA 22151)
- NCC Offices:
- Drop off toys Monday-Friday from now until July 6 at the NCC offices beside Ebenezers Coffeehouse. 205 F Street NE, Washington, DC 20002.
- Can't make one of these options work?
- If you'd like to donate, but can't drop off at these times, please contact Laura Osuri at email@example.com to coordinate.
Tips for Toys to Donate:
- Because of language barriers, we can only accept toys that are self-explanatory or with simple /picture instructions. Books are fine, but it's best to include ones with lots of pictures – board books, picture books, early readers, graphic novels, cartoon etc.
- Most of the refugees come from countries with very defined gender roles. So stick to gender norms: no dolls for boys, no trucks for girls. We cannot accept any toy guns or weapons.
- There are space limitations - many families live in small apartments, so please donate smaller toys only (ex. no giant play yards or air hockey table).
- Art supplies (markers crayons, scissors, paper, etc), legos (or any building toy), and sports equipment (balls and such) have been a big hit!